October 8, 2011

My Statements...

It's is my firm belief that every girl needs a trademark. Something pertaining to her personal and unique style that she owns. It can be anything from a statement piece of jewelry to a shade a lipstick, as long as it's something that she's known for... something that makes her stand out.
While out and about exploring Dublin this past spring, I came across the most adorable little jewelry shop hidden at the top of a flight of stairs in an opened market located in an old brick building. Inside I met the owner, artist, and craftsman himself, Barry Doyle of Barry Doyle Designs. I had started out in search of a claddaugh ring, (you know the hands, heart, crown... think PS. I Love You) but what I found was better than I could have imagined. The ring itself is actually two separate pieces, one in white gold and the other in yellow gold... Each ring a single hand that when stacked together form holding hands. Needless to say that unique piece is simple enough for me to have everyday and will forever represent the amazing time I had in Ireland!




Another everyday-er (now) for me is this red lipstick called 'Russian Red' from MAC pictured above. I wasn't always so bold as to wear bright red lipstick during the nighttime, much less during the daytime. I always admired girls who were able to rock it though and wondered what it felt like to be one of them. Then one day I decided, "why not me"? So I took the plunge and lined and filled in my lips with the ruby red color I'd wanted to wear for as long as I can remember and instantly felt feminine and glamourous. Now I cannot imagine not having it as a part of my everyday beauty routine. As silly as it sounds, I must admit that I almost feel naked without it. I can't

No comments:

Post a Comment