October 16, 2011

Blogger Challenge Day 2- blog name meaning!

Well... let's see... I'm American and I'm living in Sweden- 'nuff said! Just kidding- seriously though, it's true, but I think ya'll deserve a more concrete explanation than that! So here it is...

I moved to Sweden from the US over two years ago for personal reasons... Alright, personal reasons = a boy. CliffsNotes version- At first I thought I loved the boy and hated Sweden. What I ended up realizing is that I love Sweden and not the boy! Go figure!?

I decided to start this blog as a creative outlet to all the things that make me who I am. From fashion and beauty to real life stuff, I wanted a place to express myself. More importantly, I wanted a place to help me find myself, and although 'Adventures of an American girl in Sweden' may suggest to some never ending excitement or weekly travels, for me it basically translates to every day life. That's because I consider every day, every thought, and every challenge an adventure. 

So there you go! The meaning behind my blog's name : )

5 comments:

  1. I love that you were brave enough to move to Sweden for a person/ or the place that you love! I don't know if I'm that ambitious. I'm moving to nashville for my boyfriend.. does that count ?? :) Hope you have such a wonderful time there! Sounds like such an exciting journey!

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kait! Thank you for your kind words! Moving to any new city totally counts. It takes a special person to uproot themselves and start over in an unfamiliar place for any reason! I hope you enjoy Nashville! Thanks for reading : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hej! I was on sweden's version of thelocal.com and saw your post on the noticeboard about your blog. I had to do a double take because it sounded so similar to my situation! I'm 24, american, and I'm living in malmö (well technically not atm but i will be moving back there soon)...and I also blog about the same sorts of things you do...fashion..travel, sweden, the like:) anyway nice blog, and i'm looking forward to reading more! -katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej! I can't wait to check out your blog! There is also another girl's blog you should read... "Suitcase and Stilettos"... I have her linked in my sidebar. She's an American girl who recently moved to Norway. We all seem to have a lot in common! : )

    ReplyDelete